An Introduction to XC running with Abbey Runners.
We are quickly approaching the start of the cross country (XC) season.
This information is mainly for those Abbey Runners who may not have done them before.
But it is also a reminder to all club members to put the details in your diary.
There are 2 leagues that our club enters…
These are the West Yorkshire XC League and the Peco XC League.
West Yorkshire XC League
There are 4 West Yorkshire XC Leagues races, which are take place before Christmas.
- Race 1: Sunday 19th October at Thornes Park, Wakefield
- Race 2: Sunday 2nd November at Leeds
- Race 3: Saturday 22nd November at Keighley
- Race 4: Sunday 7th Dec at Nunroyd Park, Leeds
If you are interested in these please contact Duncan Clark or Dominic Nurse for more details.
Peco XC League
Traditionally the club as always made the Peco XCs a high priority.
They are for all abilities with the league’s oldest runner being in the MV85 age group.
If you are not sure that they are for you, why not come to the first race to support your club.
You will see that they are good fun and they are very popular with all the clubs in the league.
Our men were runners up last year while our ladies have been Premier Division champions for the last 2 years.
Peco XC – Fixtures
- Race 1: Sun 30th Nov at Pendas Fields, Crossgates
- Race 2: Sun 14th Dec at either Pontefract Park or Nostell Priory
- Race 3: Sun 4th or Sun 11th Jan at West Park Playing Fields
- Race 4: Sun 8th Feb at Bodington Fields
- Race 5: Sun 1st Mar at Roundhay Park
- Peco Relays & Presentations: Sun 15th March (venue TBA)
Have a look at the PecoXC League web site at www.pecoxc.co.uk