PECO – Race 1
Race Date: Sunday 22nd November 2015
Race Times & Distances:
Junior XC Challenge (School Years 4 – 6): 10.00am, 1 mile approx.
Junior XC Challenge (School Years 7 – 12): 10.20am, 2 miles approx.
Senior Men (17 and over*): 11.00am, 4.6 miles approx.
Senior Women (17 and over*): 11.10am, 4.6 miles approx.
Race Location: Temple Newsam Country Park, Leeds. LS15 0AE.
- Detailed race information is now available on the League web site (follow this link: http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race1.html).
- We are expecting a bumper turnout, so please get there early to beat the queues at registration
- Car share wherever possible to ease the overcrowding in the car parks
- Consider your choice of footwear as it will be very muddy in places, but with some hard packed sections
- You should only join the registration queue once you are in possession of your bib tag (race number): if you have not collected this before the day of the race, you should find Duncan Clark or Jasmine Salih BEFORE attempting to register.
- The deadline for registering ‘counting’ runners for Race 1 has now passed: any club members who are not already registered will have to run as ‘Guests’.
- Following consultation with Northern Athletics, Year 2 and Year 3 children are allowed to run in the 1 mile Junior races, PROVIDED that their parent / guardian / coach is happy that they have the experience and maturity to cope with the distance, nature of the terrain and the competitive nature of the event. There will not be a separate age category for these children; they will effectively be ‘guests’ in the Year 4 – 6 age category (although they will be eligible for series prizes if they are good enough!)
- Remember your £3 entry fee